Family Cosmetic Dentist Blog
Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Porcelain veneers offer an excellent way to improve your smile, whether you're concerned about minor damage, shape issues or stains. Your Cincinnati, OH, dentists, Drs. Ron Solomon and Angela Burleson-Ott, offer the restorations at Cornerstone Dental Group.
Could porcelain veneers enhance your smile?
Porcelain veneers keep flaws and imperfections out of sight, improving the appearance of your smile. Wafer-thin veneers are made of porcelain, a translucent material that closely resembles natural tooth enamel. The restorations are attached to your teeth with dental cement and become a permanent part of your smile.
Veneers are often used to:
- Conceal Damage: Has a small chip or shallow crack made you feel self-conscious about your smile? Veneers restore the normal appearance of damaged teeth and may even help boost your self-esteem.
- Smooth Uneven Surfaces: Veneers are also a good option if your teeth look a little bumpy or have noticeable pits or grooves.
- Brighten Your Smile: Celebrities turn to veneers to keep their smiles white, but you can take advantage of the whitening power of the restorations too. Veneers are available in a large range of shades and are stain-resistant.
- Improve the Color of One or Two Teeth: Whether your tooth is discolored due to trauma, a large filling or the antibiotic tetracycline, veneers improve the appearance of dark teeth.
- Fill Gaps: Even slight gaps between teeth are very noticeable, particularly when they occur between your front teeth. Veneers cover gaps, completely transforming your appearance.
- Change Tooth Shape: Veneers can also improve the uniformity of your smile by hiding crooked or oddly shaped teeth.
- Extend Length: Wear and tear or grinding and clenching your teeth can eventually decrease the length of some of your teeth, making your smile look uneven. Veneers make worn teeth look longer and also extend the length of teeth that are naturally short. If your teeth have grown shorter due to grinding or clenching, you can be fitted with a nightguard during your visit to your dentist's Cincinnati office. Nightguards absorb the pressure generated when you grind and clench, protecting your teeth and your veneers.
Revitalize your smile with porcelain veneers. Call your dentists in Cincinnati, OH, Drs. Solomon and Burleson-Ott of Cornerstone Dental Group, at (513) 631-8920 to schedule an appointment.
Crowns are an essential part of dentistry. They are used for cosmetic purposes, like when a person would like to hide stained teeth, and provide structural support, like when your Cincinnati, OH, dentists at Cornerstone Dental Group need to give a patient a dental implant because of tooth loss. Drs. Ron Solomon and Angela Burleson-Ott provide patients with crowns.
Here is what you need to know about crowns:
Dental crown are referred to as a “cap” because they cover or are placed over damaged, decayed and/or unattractive teeth. They come in several separate materials: porcelain, porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns (PFM), and porcelain with zirconia.
You will only need to visit your Cincinnati dentist two times to get dental crowns made. First, the natural tooth is prepared to create a uniform shape that the dental cap can fit over. The next step consists of your dentist taking an impression of your natural tooth using a putty-like impression material. The impression is sent to a dental laboratory and models of your teeth created so lab technicians can design a properly functioning crown that also matches the rest of your teeth.
Don't worry, you'll be given a temporary dental crown until all this happens. During your second visit, your dentist will cement the permanent crown and harden the cement using a special light source.
What are the benefits of dental crowns?
- They reinforce and strengthen teeth, and prevent natural teeth from moving out of place in case of tooth loss.
- They restore teeth to their natural shape and size, especially if there was decay.
- They are used during other oral procedures, like to cover a dental implant or attach a bridge.
- They protect weak teeth from breaking and prevent dental fillings from completely dislodging in case they're already loose.
- Dental crowns enhance a person's smile and appearance by covering discolored and stained teeth.
- A dental crown fixes issues like speech, chewing function and improves bad bites.
- They can last a long time if taken care of properly, so don't forget to brush and floss on a regular basis.
Speak with our Cincinnati, OH, dentists Dr. Ron Solomon or Dr. Angela Burleson-Ott at Cornerstone Dental Group today.