Family Cosmetic Dentist Blog
Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Many individuals experience a crack, fracture, or break in a tooth after a trauma or biting down on something. When this happens, your dentist may suggest getting a partial crown to cover the broken part of the tooth and restore your smile. Partial crowns are the best option if the tooth is not completely broken and does not require a full crown. At Cornerstone Dental Group, your Family Dentists attend to all your questions and needs regarding cosmetic dentistry. Dr. Ron Solomon, Dr. Angela Burleson-Ott, and Dr. Bradley Girdwood serve patients in Cincinnati, OH!
The benefits of partial crowns are numerous. When your dentist places a partial crown on top of the broken tooth, it can serve as a mode of protection to prevent any further damage to the tooth. Cornerstone Dental Group's Family Dentists are ready to look for the best treatment options for you. For example, if the tooth is even more damaged, it may require a full crown instead of a partial crown.
There are other cosmetic dentistry techniques that may be suggested by your dentist if partial crowns are not the best fit. For example, dental crowns or a dental implant may be a good option if your tooth is greatly damaged and requires more care and assistance. If the tooth itself has decayed due to damage, your doctor may also suggest a root canal first. A root canal may be required for very deep cavities as well, and so your dentist may perform one to salvage your tooth and keep it healthy from bacteria.
The main purpose of receiving a partial crown is to restore your tooth's original look, strength, purpose, and integrity. If your tooth is damaged and you would like to consult Dr. Solomon, Dr. Burleson-Ott, and Dr. Girdwood, please contact Cornerstone Dental Group in Cincinnati, OH, at (513) 631-8920 today!
How cosmetic dentistry from your dentists in Cincinnati, OH can give you an outstanding smile.
Are you living with a less-than-interesting smile? You may be thinking there isn’t much you can do to make your smile more outstanding. The truth is, cosmetic dentistry can give you a smile that will get you noticed. The only question is, which cosmetic dentistry treatment is right for you?
Dr. Ron Solomon and Dr. Angela Burleson-Ott of Cornerstone Dental Group in Cincinnati, OH offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry services, to give you an outstanding smile.
If you have a smile that is yellow, dull, and shows your age, you need to consider a professional teeth whitening treatment. Professional teeth whitening allows you to whiten your smile up to 8 shades, and your beautiful results can last up to 5 years! Best of all, you can have a gorgeous bright smile quickly, because the in-office treatment takes only about an hour.
If you have a smile that is full of chipped, worn-down teeth, you need to consider cosmetic dental bonding. It’s the perfect, non-invasive treatment to repair small chips, cracks, and tooth wear. Bonding can make your smile appear undamaged and more balanced.
If you want to completely change the look of your smile, you need to consider porcelain veneers. Veneers are thin laminates of exquisitely beautiful porcelain that reflects light, just like natural tooth enamel. The veneers are cemented to the front surfaces of your teeth to give your smile a celebrity-perfect appeal.
These are just a few of the cosmetic dental treatments available at Cornerstone Dental Group. You may want to try more than one treatment, and give yourself a smile makeover! The choice is yours, and your dentist can help you achieve it.
For more information about cosmetic dentistry treatments and what they can do for you and your smile, call Dr. Ron Solomon and Dr. Angela Burleson-Ott of Cornerstone Dental Group in Cincinnati, OH at (513) 631-8920. Call now, and start working on a fabulous new smile.
Porcelain veneers offer an excellent way to improve your smile, whether you're concerned about minor damage, shape issues or stains. Your Cincinnati, OH, dentists, Drs. Ron Solomon and Angela Burleson-Ott, offer the restorations at Cornerstone Dental Group.
Could porcelain veneers enhance your smile?
Porcelain veneers keep flaws and imperfections out of sight, improving the appearance of your smile. Wafer-thin veneers are made of porcelain, a translucent material that closely resembles natural tooth enamel. The restorations are attached to your teeth with dental cement and become a permanent part of your smile.
Veneers are often used to:
- Conceal Damage: Has a small chip or shallow crack made you feel self-conscious about your smile? Veneers restore the normal appearance of damaged teeth and may even help boost your self-esteem.
- Smooth Uneven Surfaces: Veneers are also a good option if your teeth look a little bumpy or have noticeable pits or grooves.
- Brighten Your Smile: Celebrities turn to veneers to keep their smiles white, but you can take advantage of the whitening power of the restorations too. Veneers are available in a large range of shades and are stain-resistant.
- Improve the Color of One or Two Teeth: Whether your tooth is discolored due to trauma, a large filling or the antibiotic tetracycline, veneers improve the appearance of dark teeth.
- Fill Gaps: Even slight gaps between teeth are very noticeable, particularly when they occur between your front teeth. Veneers cover gaps, completely transforming your appearance.
- Change Tooth Shape: Veneers can also improve the uniformity of your smile by hiding crooked or oddly shaped teeth.
- Extend Length: Wear and tear or grinding and clenching your teeth can eventually decrease the length of some of your teeth, making your smile look uneven. Veneers make worn teeth look longer and also extend the length of teeth that are naturally short. If your teeth have grown shorter due to grinding or clenching, you can be fitted with a nightguard during your visit to your dentist's Cincinnati office. Nightguards absorb the pressure generated when you grind and clench, protecting your teeth and your veneers.
Revitalize your smile with porcelain veneers. Call your dentists in Cincinnati, OH, Drs. Solomon and Burleson-Ott of Cornerstone Dental Group, at (513) 631-8920 to schedule an appointment.
Crowns are an essential part of dentistry. They are used for cosmetic purposes, like when a person would like to hide stained teeth, and provide structural support, like when your Cincinnati, OH, dentists at Cornerstone Dental Group need to give a patient a dental implant because of tooth loss. Drs. Ron Solomon and Angela Burleson-Ott provide patients with crowns.
Here is what you need to know about crowns:
Dental crown are referred to as a “cap” because they cover or are placed over damaged, decayed and/or unattractive teeth. They come in several separate materials: porcelain, porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns (PFM), and porcelain with zirconia.
You will only need to visit your Cincinnati dentist two times to get dental crowns made. First, the natural tooth is prepared to create a uniform shape that the dental cap can fit over. The next step consists of your dentist taking an impression of your natural tooth using a putty-like impression material. The impression is sent to a dental laboratory and models of your teeth created so lab technicians can design a properly functioning crown that also matches the rest of your teeth.
Don't worry, you'll be given a temporary dental crown until all this happens. During your second visit, your dentist will cement the permanent crown and harden the cement using a special light source.
What are the benefits of dental crowns?
- They reinforce and strengthen teeth, and prevent natural teeth from moving out of place in case of tooth loss.
- They restore teeth to their natural shape and size, especially if there was decay.
- They are used during other oral procedures, like to cover a dental implant or attach a bridge.
- They protect weak teeth from breaking and prevent dental fillings from completely dislodging in case they're already loose.
- Dental crowns enhance a person's smile and appearance by covering discolored and stained teeth.
- A dental crown fixes issues like speech, chewing function and improves bad bites.
- They can last a long time if taken care of properly, so don't forget to brush and floss on a regular basis.
Speak with our Cincinnati, OH, dentists Dr. Ron Solomon or Dr. Angela Burleson-Ott at Cornerstone Dental Group today.