The Versatility Of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers offer an excellent way to improve your smile, whether you're concerned about minor damage, shape issues or stains. Your Cincinnati, OH, dentists, Drs. Ron Solomon and Angela Burleson-Ott, offer the restorations at Cornerstone Dental Group.
Could porcelain veneers enhance your smile?
Porcelain veneers keep flaws and imperfections out of sight, improving the appearance of your smile. Wafer-thin veneers are made of porcelain, a translucent material that closely resembles natural tooth enamel. The restorations are attached to your teeth with dental cement and become a permanent part of your smile.
Veneers are often used to:
- Conceal Damage: Has a small chip or shallow crack made you feel self-conscious about your smile? Veneers restore the normal appearance of damaged teeth and may even help boost your self-esteem.
- Smooth Uneven Surfaces: Veneers are also a good option if your teeth look a little bumpy or have noticeable pits or grooves.
- Brighten Your Smile: Celebrities turn to veneers to keep their smiles white, but you can take advantage of the whitening power of the restorations too. Veneers are available in a large range of shades and are stain-resistant.
- Improve the Color of One or Two Teeth: Whether your tooth is discolored due to trauma, a large filling or the antibiotic tetracycline, veneers improve the appearance of dark teeth.
- Fill Gaps: Even slight gaps between teeth are very noticeable, particularly when they occur between your front teeth. Veneers cover gaps, completely transforming your appearance.
- Change Tooth Shape: Veneers can also improve the uniformity of your smile by hiding crooked or oddly shaped teeth.
- Extend Length: Wear and tear or grinding and clenching your teeth can eventually decrease the length of some of your teeth, making your smile look uneven. Veneers make worn teeth look longer and also extend the length of teeth that are naturally short. If your teeth have grown shorter due to grinding or clenching, you can be fitted with a nightguard during your visit to your dentist's Cincinnati office. Nightguards absorb the pressure generated when you grind and clench, protecting your teeth and your veneers.
Revitalize your smile with porcelain veneers. Call your dentists in Cincinnati, OH, Drs. Solomon and Burleson-Ott of Cornerstone Dental Group, at (513) 631-8920 to schedule an appointment.